2021 Meeting Minutes

December 10th, 2021

Place:  Meadiocrity in San Marcos 
Start: 6:18pm 
End:  7:11pm 

Attendees: 
Carrie Bear 
Cheryl Smith 
Nadia Dannhauser 
Adam Bond 
Scott Motherhead 
Danielle Motherhead 
Kristie Turner 
Mallory Fauve 
Konrad Faust Tyndel 

Seneschal: Thank you everyone for coming: let’s get this started 

Exchequer: We’ve got money 

Arts & Sciences: Nothing to report 

Chatelaine:  Nothing to report   

Webwright:   130 followers on Instagram, 99 followers on FB.  Working on migrating old website to new website automatically.  Old website is expiring soon, need to figure out how to then get new website to the top of the google search 

Children’s Ministry:  Teaching Drop Spindle on  Dec 17 at fighter practice.  Event Page has been set up 

Marshall:  Mostly Rapier: 8-10 participants with loaner gear being used.   
Promoting heavies: A quarterly faux tourney?  
**Contact city about light off at 9:45/10:00.  City will not change their schedule for us since we are not an official user according to the city. 
Still looking for storage options for loaner gear 

Old Business:  
QR Sticker:  
Will be working on promoting the stickers at Brigade after the holidays.  Hoping to have Warranted Officer at Brigade to handle the donations  

Trailer:
            – Ropes will be needed: we will need 20 of them.  Curteis has volunteered to help us make ropes for the pavilion (after the holidays and after Rapier tournament).  Getting an idea from Konrad about what he has in storage for us to use.  Otherwise we will vote next month on purchasing the supplies.  Scott will allow us to borrow his ropes for the Rapier tourney. 
            – Tires will be $100 a piece which includes mounting and balancing.  Voted on and seconded for $400 to be spent on tires, mounting, wheel covers.  Scott will handle the tire replacement. 

Order of the Carrot: 
No one has nominated themselves yet. 

Hearth and Cauldron 
Looking for different location to accommodate for demos.  Meeting have been moved from 3rd Tuesday of each month to quarterly.  As becomes more popular, more meetings. 

Youth Activities 
Nothing to report 

Rapier Tournament 
            – We are on course for the Tournament at Buddy Todd Park on January 15th.  All info has been sent to the proper departments within the SCA, insurance has been requested, paperwork has been filled out with the city. 
            – There will hopefully be an arts event/contest with the Ladies of the Rose judging (Ladies still need to be contacted to get a definitive answer). 
            – Baronial and Canton trailer will be at event 
            – Inept Engineers have been contacted about providing lunch 
            – Summergate will bring TP and liquid soap to the park to be place in bathrooms 
            – Still need to talk to city about the trash receptacles since they were paid for two years ago, before the world stopped due to Covid. 
            – Summergate Exchequer will be doing gate, as well as Kimmy from Barony 
            – PayPal will NOT be used at gate due to issues with platform that SCA uses not being accepted by PayPal anymore. (Email has been sent to Baronial Exchequer and Seneschal regarding the change) 
            – Summergate with prove the Erik’s, backup from barony if needed. 
            – Arts and Sciences at Tournament, Kristi Turner will help 

New Business: 

We now have a new Arts and Sciences Minister! Kristi Turner has accepted the position and we are excited to have her join the team! Carrie Bear (seneschal), will get the appropriate paperwork to her. 

New but Old Business: Carrie will send info over to Nadia regarding keychains 

Discussion of new Summergate Officer Favors has been revived once again.  Still trying to track all of them down.  Need to contact previous Summergate Seneschal to see if they have any. 

November 12th, 2021

Place:  Twisted Horn Meadery in Vista 
Start: 6:00 
End:  8:12 

Attendees: 
Carrie Bear 
Cheryl Smith 
Nadia Dannhauser 
Adam Bond 
Scott Motherhead 
Danielle Motherhead 
Caesar Barillas 
Kristie 
Nancy Jane Sevitz-Poarch (zoom) 

Seneschal: Thank you everyone for coming: let’s get this started 

Exchequer: We’ve got money 

Arts & Sciences: Ideas after December: Hat making, Towel/chiton, tablecloths for the Canton, Flags/banners for canton and selves.  After new years possibility of a class with Danielle and/or Sarah 

Chatelaine:  Dushenka brought one to us from Ramona (Kristie)   

Webwright:   Gaining followers on Instagram, still working on migrating old address to new web address automatically 

Children’s Ministry:  Teaching Drop Spindle on  Dec 7 at fighter practice.  Event Page for the activity? 

Marshall:  Promoting heavies 
**Contact city about light off at 9:45/10:00 
Loaner gears doing well.  Looking for storage options for loaner gear? 

Old Business:  

QR Sticker:  
Prices have been changed from $2 to $3.  Was voted on and seconded and approved by all attendees. Hoping to have Warranted Officer at Brigade to handle the donations  
We are working on getting a warranted officer down to a practice on Sunday to see if anyone wants to donate to our cause 
Voted on and approved by all attending that the Summergate QR sticker proceeds will go to Summergate’s coffers to help round out the fact that we have not had an anniversary event in two years 

Trailer 
It has been decided that we will have the Summergate Pavilion at Anniversary in November which means we need to have a trailer inventory sooner rather than later: rope is needed for the guides.
Tentatively October 2, 2021 will be inventory day.  Inventory will need to go to Baronial Exchequer Kimmy 
When trailer goes to Calafia Anniversary, Seneschal can take to the event, but we need to work on finding someone to take it back to it’s home in Ramona.  If not, we will look into having a popup for our space. 
Need to contact autocrat to ask for space to be reserved (Ace/Sabyana is autocrat) 

Youth Activities 
Possible activities and hour before fighter practice at park? Possibly at Vista Library.  Carrie Bear will contact the library to see if this is possible, and if there are requirements or rules that are different due to Covid. 
One concern with before a practice is that it might be hard after October due to daylight savings which is right around the corner.   
Brainstorming will need to be done to figure out what is most advantageous for the children and parents. 

Embroidery Challenge!!  We have finally judged the entries for the embroidery challenge and the winner is……….NADIA! Congratulations—we know you’ve been working so hard to pretty 

New Business: 

Order of the Carrot: 
Yes……Nadia will coordinate 

Hearth and Cauldron Guild:
Adam is guild master.  Wild West Brewing was the 1st Meeting.  Each meeting will be the 3rd Tuesday of the Month.  Next one will be December 16th 

Summergate Stickers:
If we do them, it’s a $125 minimum 

Holiday Party: 
At Meadiocrity.  They have space for us, we can serve good.  December 10th @7pm.  Business Meeting will be at 6pm right before the party. 

Trailer/Inventory:   
            – Eric Stakes Carrier 
            – Rope– Erik ropes next year, Pavilion ropes (Caesar will look into them) 
            – Tubs for storage of tablecloths,  
            – Gate box for storing of signed waivers (need to hold onto them for 10 years for adults, 18 for youths (Can we put these waivers in the cloud?) Waivers need to be signed at ALL events (Carrie needs clarification of the waiver signing for adults even if they are members) 
            – Tires: Scott/Gamyl will do research on the costs (prefer to have them done in Ramona since that is where the trailer is living) 
            – Water Jugs: We will not be getting new ones.  We only have one event a year in the beginning of May where the weather is still quite mild, and it’s not a smart decision to replace them. 

UnModified Tournament:
            – Contact city about using the Park 
            – January 15th 
            – They will reimburse Barony or Summergate takes care of everything and thus reaps the financial rewards as well. 
            – Summergate Table at the Tournament under the Big Pavilion. 
            – Poles/Eriks: Barony or Canton—waiting on autocrat for the decision 
            – Arts and Sciences: At tournament? Possibly Kristi?  

October 8th, 2021

The October council meeting was cancelled because it fell on the Friday of Great Western War.
See you all in November.

September 10th, 2021

Place: Twisted Horn Meadery in Vista
Start: 6:03
End: 6:59

Attendees:
Carrie Bear
Cheryl Smith
Gary Smith
Nadia Dannhauser
Adam Bond
Scott Motherhead
Danielle Motherhead
Caesar Barillas
DuShenka Ani Silberfarb
Erika Dannhauser

Seneschal: Thank you everyone for coming: let’s get this started

Exchequer: We’ve got money

Arts & Sciences: Hopefully place more of a focus on it in the fall

Chatelaine: No demo’s til further notice.

Webwright: Lots of visits on the facebook page as well as the instagram page. QR codes will be loading to different pages with the QR code previously going to the kingdom, will not be dormant so that the kingdom can do it’s own thing.

Children’s Ministry: Minister looking forward to doing activities with the children, however nothing has been happening as of now

Marshall: On August 10, 2021 and August 24, 2021 we’ve had a number of armored, rapiers and a few heavies. We are working on getting more loaner gear for heavies and rapier. Archery deputy is looking into property for archery practice as well as loaner gear. Summergate does have some in storage, we will need to do an inventory of exactly what we have. Summergate’s Marshall did marshaling and youth combat at Highland

Old Business:
Calendar
            – Anniversary Dates for Anniversary & Suggestions for Unmodified (May and February)
KeyChains
            – Carrie will look into different types, and costs. More research needs to be done: we will be working on getting a Poll out to the populace in regards to this issue.
            – Carrie will be sending a picture of the posiblities to Webwright so that she can put them on either the facebook group, the website or both.
            – Site token for Anniversary? Cost of the key shaped bottle opener expensive (approx $5). Better for anniversary?
            – More discussion needs to be had
Pots for Potrero
            – Private affair, still need to talk to Kara to see how we should handle it Still in the works
QR Code
            – Stickers for Summergate Page Voted to purchase 50 3×3 stickers up to $70 Code money for Fighter QR code stickers to Summergate or Potrero: Voted (1st and 2nd ) that money should go to Potrero from Summergate
            – Community Vote later on Summergate Website Stickers and when the money should go (Barony or Summergate)
From Exchequer
            – Voting must be put in minutes including amount and financial committee must approve it and submit paperwork along with receipt.
            – Money from any “auctions: are separate from Gate
            – Need to fill out officer forms which are on website: Paperwork in on the fb group and website
Trailer Visit
            – Will happen in Late November/December or after New Year when it’s not so hot.
            – Keys are with the trailer in Ramona.

New Business:
QR Sticker
            – Prices have been changed from $2 to $3. Was voted on and seconded and approved by all attendees.
            – We are working on getting a warranted officer down to a practice on Sunday to see if anyone wants to donate to our cause
            – Voted on and approved by all attending that the Summergate QR sticker proceeds will go to Summergate’s coffers to help round out the fact that we have not had an anniversary event in two years
Trailer
            – It has been decided that we will have the Summergate Pavilion at Anniversary in November which means we need to have a trailer inventory sooner rather than later: rope is needed for the guides.
            – Tentatively October 2, 2021 will be inventory day. Inventory will need to go to Baronial Exchequer Kimmy
            – When trailer goes to Calafia Anniversary, Seneschal can take to the event, but we need to work on finding someone to take it back to it’s home in Ramona. If not, we will look into having a popup for our space.
            – Need to contact autocrat to ask for space to be reserved (Ace/Sabyana is autocrat)
Youth Activities
            – Possible activities and hour before fighter practice at park? Possibly at Vista Library.
            – Carrie Bear will contact the library to see if this is possible, and if there are requirements or rules that are different due to Covid.
            – One concern with before a practice is that it might be hard after October due to daylight savings which is right around the corner.
            – Brainstorming will need to be done to figure out what is most advantageous for the children and parents.

Embroidery Challenge!!
We have finally judged the entries for the embroidery challenge and the winner is……….NADIA! Congratulations—we know you’ve been working so hard to pretty up your garb, and your time and effort is clearly showing
**(Photos of contestants will be made available shortly)**

August 10th, 2021

Place:  Twisted Horn Meadery in Vista
Start: 7:15
End:  9:15

Attendees:
Carrie Bear
Cheryl Smith
Gary Smith
Nadia Dannhauser
Adam Bond
Scott Motherhead
Danielle Motherhead
Caesar Barillas
DuShenka Ani Silberfarb

Seneschal: Thank you everyone for coming: let’s get this started

Exchequer: We’ve got money

Arts & Sciences: Possibility of online/zoom classes since we aren’t doing anything in person right now

Chatelaine:  No demo’s til further notice.  We as a group are all pretty much chatelaines

Webwright:  Facebook Page has had 237 people reached. 
            -Website is up and running, can be added and changed as we see fit or as needed.  Children’s Ministry page will be added with Dushenka adding photos of activities without photos of the children.
            -Working on adding paperwork that is needed under library ie: Warrant to Serve, reimbursement, etc.
            -Working on a website subscription which will be done by the end of the month
            -More content for page needed
            -Possibility of “Storytime with Fia”
            -Posting of events on the page and on Website?

Children’s Ministry:  Dushenka has been background checked, as well as Caesar and Danielle, she will be submitting paperwork for Warrant to Serve

Marshall:  Practices are doing well—great turnout in June. Start doing more often with different fighting types.  Attendance numbers are fluctuating
Three Deputy Marshalls
            -Melodie—Acquire loaner gear for rapier
            -Thorgrim—Upkeep of loaner gear for heavies
            -Trevor—Archery place and Supplies
Unmodified Tournament: Looking at happening in February with Summergate as support staff at Buddy Todd Park

Old Business: 
Instagram and QR Codes up and running
            We’ve received stickers, asking for a $2.00 donation as of right now
Deputy for Marshalls
Tshirts
            Tshirts are not cost effective: KeyChains instead?
Hybrid Meetings: Shall we continue?
            Will continue for the next two months at least and reevaluate then
Youth Combat/Activities
            -Can’t do much because of Covid, and with children not being able to be immunized
            -Is there a lack of children because of Covid and lack of vaccine? Google survey needed?
Summergate Anniversary
            -We’ve asked for May 7th as our first option, April 30th as a back up.  Official request will be sent Cassie Hoban is the Autocrat
            -Same Theme as last year (Mad Hatter) since we already have the supplies
            -Will have Silent “Donation”
            -Activities for children and newcomers (Feed the rabbit, Bunny Ring toss)
            -Newcomers Tent (Nadia will handle)
            -Youth Combat
            -Food: Put a pin in it due to the unknown and how far away it is.

New Business:
Calendar: Anniversary
            Dates for Anniversary & Suggestions for Unmodified (May and February)
KeyChains
            Carrie will look into different types, and costs
Pots for Potrero
            Private affair, still need to talk to Kara to see how we should handle it
QR Code Stickers for Summergate Page
            -Voted on to purchase 50 3×3 stickers up to $70
            -Code money to Summergate or Potrero: Voted (1st and 2nd) that money should go to Potrero from Summergate Community
            -Vote later on Summergate Stickers and where the money should go
            -Stickers should go to Baronial and Summergate Practices
From Exchequer
            -Voting must be put in minutes including amount and financial committee must approve it and submit paperwork along with receipt.
            -Money from any “auctions: are separate from Gate
            -Need to fill out officer forms which are on website
Trailer visit
            -Will happen in Late November/December or after New Year when it’s not so hot. 
            -Keys are with the trailer in Ramona.

July 9th, 2021

Meeting was cancelled due to covid-19.

June 11th, 2021

Place: Bleching Beaver 980 and Zoom
Start: 7:07
Ended: 7:38

In Person Attendees:
Caesar Barillas
Scott motherhead
Danielle Motherhead
Nadia Dannhauser
Adam Bond
Ivan Sutter
Dushenka Silberfarb
Kevin Luena
Erika Dannhauser
Amanda B Krahel
Travis Krahel
Denise Sykes
Jason Foster
Caesar Barillas
David Levin
Katherine Levin
Francena Sherburne
Jermane Cooper
Patricia Kosen
Kendra
Lisa Miller
Michael Bilderback

Message from Carrie given by Caesar thanking all for attending and patience as the SCA moves forward with opening back up.

A.O.A Given to Travis Krahel


Exchequer: We have money

Chatelaine: I brought a new person! (This position is now available as Dýrfinna nátsól Bresadóttir has moved over to being a Webwright).

Webwright (nátsól): Started talking with Curteis (Calafia Webwright) to start transition to WordPress. It took about a month for the kingdom to set it up for the barony so we should hopefully take that long as well. I will be attending a meeting for webwrights soon and will hopefully get more update info then.

Marshall: Deputies for heavies and rapier is the same as last year. Trevor will now be the deupty for combat archery. At last practice we had 12 heavies, 11 rapier, 2 youth, and 1 combat archer.

Old business:
          -Still hoping to have an A&S night in the fall or early winter at the Vista library to make hats for anniversary next year.
          -Fighter QR code will be made into 3″ stickers. They will be available for a donation. 100 will be purchased at this time
          -Keys to the trailer are still being looked for.
          -Combat archery tent was successful. We will be purchasing another. Caeser will provide a recipet to be reimbursed.
          -Caesar will also provide a reciept to be reimbursed for the summergate practice protective items (gloves, wipes, sanitzer etc.)
          -no submissions for guild QR code design so Nadia/nátsól will throw something together.

New Business:
          -We will be looking into t-shirts and a possible contest for a design.
          -Dushenka is in the process of becoming our Youth Activities Officer
          -On July 13th Maestro Lot will be attending Summergate fighter practice to do an introductory to cut and thrust
          -The park will need to be called to change the sprinkler run time to avoid another “sprinklergate”

Closing notes from Caesar thanking for attendance and time.

Events in May 2022

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
May 1, 2022 May 2, 2022 May 3, 2022 May 4, 2022 May 5, 2022 May 6, 2022 May 7, 2022(1 event)

8:00 am: Summergate Anniversary

May 8, 2022 May 9, 2022 May 10, 2022(1 event)

7:00 pm: Fighter Practice

May 11, 2022 May 12, 2022 May 13, 2022(1 event)

7:00 pm: Council Meeting

May 14, 2022
May 15, 2022 May 16, 2022 May 17, 2022 May 18, 2022 May 19, 2022 May 20, 2022 May 21, 2022
May 22, 2022 May 23, 2022 May 24, 2022(1 event)

7:00 pm: Fighter Practice

May 25, 2022 May 26, 2022 May 27, 2022 May 28, 2022
May 29, 2022 May 30, 2022 May 31, 2022 June 1, 2022 June 2, 2022 June 3, 2022 June 4, 2022

Recent Articles and News

Return to Top